Diigo social bookmarking
FREE service to make updating your social networks a snap!
Online marketing can be tiring! Diigo is a social bookmark service. A social bookmark service is like the Favorites in Internet Explorer, or Bookmarks in other web browsers, like Firefox. However, instead of saving a URL to your computer, you save it on the internet.
Diigo social bookmarking allows for access from any computer:
- Collaborative work
- Can be used with already existing student account
- Enables one to further engage in their experiences on the internet
- Easy to share findings
- Groups can be created for classes or group projects
- Resource sharing tool
- Can join other groups of people that are commenting on topics of interest
- Can conduct searches for topics researched on Diigo (can find what people have already said about something)
- Lists of websites can be organized by category
- Great organizational tool
That's where Get Free Followers comes in. As a trusted advocate for small businesses, we're here to navigate you through the piles of confusing and suspicious offers. Get Free Followers will lead you in the right direction by providing easy insights and simple solutions for your business marketing plan. Members receive an in-depth, personalized action plan to help optimize their site, and our team is here to help you along the way.
- Diigo Bookmarking
Social bookmarking is the modern student's research tool. Diigo is also very educator friendly. They have educator accounts specifically geared towards getting K-12 teachers to use their service, so they have lots of educators who view and share their bookmarks. This is also what most of our users are!
How to Sign Up for Diigo?
- Sign up at www.diigo.com.
- Teachers should sign up for a free teacher account to get extra features.
Annotating a Web Page with Diigo
- Annotating a web page means that you can highlight the page.
- You can also add a private sticky note to a page.
- You can add a public sticky note to a page if you send it to a group. (You have to join a group first.)
- Annotate a web page by going to a page and using different color highlighters.
- Write a sticky note and put it on a page.
- If you are a member of a group, put a sticky note on a page and send it to your group.
- Go back to your Diigo account and click "library". See what annotations look like in your library.
Get quick access to your Diigo database when googeling on Chrome
The most important reason why Chrome is the best browser when it comes to Diigo social bookmarking is because you can integrate your Diigo library with all your Google searches. I highly recommend to keep the two checkboxes in the "Search" box of the settings enabled. Whenever you search something in Google, you will be notified if anything that matches your search query already exists in your Diigo library.
There is a little delay that sometimes irritates me (because I am already clicking on the first line and then the window changes and I click on Diigo instead), but having such a convenient way to know that you already have something similar in your library is well worth it.
So go on, install the Diigo extension on your (now) favourite Google Chrome browser, and make the web your own. And add Get Free Followers on your arsenal as well - to make your life even better. It also helps you earn some bucks while you save others' contents on Diigo. The how-to article above explains this.